New York’s most exquisite dining establishments were celebrated on Thursday when the announcement was made of 2022’s Michelin star-rated designations.
There are currently 19 new Michelin-starred restaurants opening in New York City.
There are two eateries, Al Coro and Saga have made their Michelin debuts with an impressive two-star rating, which means “excellent cuisine, worth a detour.”
Al Coro under the supervision of the chef Melissa Rodriguez, features regional Italian cuisine , along with “dishes that take a bit of license,” the restaurant’s website states.
The menu includes seven courses for $245 , or a five-course option priced at $195. There’s also an a-la carte menu.
“Honored, shocked, and humbled,” Al Coro posted on Instagram Thursday night, after he was awarded his two star.
Saga is situated on the 63rd floor in an 1932 Art Deco building in Manhattan’s Financial District, serves a seasonal tasting menu at $29 per head.
The restaurant’s setting is spectacular however “Chef James Kent never allows his cuisine to be overshadowed by the setting,” Michelin declared in a press release. “Along with his talented team, he presents diners with compositions that embrace luxury, seasonality and urbane inspiration.”
In all 72 restaurants were awarded Michelin star ratings in the famed eating establishment’s 2022 New York guide.
“New York’s culinary landscape is definitely back on its feet, growing bigger and bigger, proposing more and more innovative offers, ready to achieve new challenges and to reach higher success,” said Gwendal Poullennec who is the international director of Michelin Guides, in a statement.
Five of the establishments listed in the guide for 2022 retained their three-star rating for “exceptional cuisine, worth a special journey” the Chef’s Table, Brooklyn Fare, Eleven Madison Park, Le Bernardin, Masa and Per Se.
The guide for 2022 includes five three-star restaurants, thirteen two-star eateries and 55 one-star eateries along with 125 eateries that carry”Bib Gourmand,” which is the “Bib Gourmand” designation -offering quality meals at moderate costs -and 267 recommended eateries.
Within the restaurant that has been awarded a starred rating there are 15 different types of cuisines are included.
The restaurants are highlighted on Michelin’s Michelin’s Online Guide.
A new Michelin one-star restaurants
There are 17 brand new restaurants that are one-star,with “high quality cooking, worth a stop,” in the 2022 edition of this guide:
* * Clinton(Lower East Side ); contemporary Cuisine)
* Clover Hill (Brooklyn Heights; Contemporary Cuisine)
* Dirt Candy(Lower East Side; Vegetarian cuisine)
* Frevo (Greenwich Village and Contemporary Cuisine)
* Icca (Tribeca; Japanese/Sushi cuisine)
* Joomak Banjum(Midtown West; Asian cuisine)
* L’Abeille (Tribeca; French cuisine)
* Le Pavillon (Midtown East; French cuisine)
* Mari (Midtown West; Korean cuisine)
* Noz 17 (Chelsea; Japanese/Sushi cuisine)
* Oiji Mi (Gramercy; Korean cuisine)
* One White Street(Tribeca; Contemporary food)
* Red Paper Clip (Greenwich Village; Contemporary Cuisine)
* Semma (Greenwich Village; Indian cuisine)
* Shion 69 Leonard Street (Tribeca; Japanese/Sushi cuisine)
* Torien (Greenwich Village; Japanese/Yakitori cuisine)
* Yoshino (East Village; Japanese/Sushi cuisine)